On Your Park, Get Set, Go!™
Entry: No purchase necessary to participate. Voters will enter
by (1) Scanning a QR Code, (2) Voting on Facebook, and/or (3) Emailing a Photo to
OnYourPark@gmail.com. The contest will
run from July 1 through July 31, 2014.
- QR Codes*: Visitors will be able to scan a customized QR code at
a nominated park to register their vote. They can and should come back each day
during the voting period to vote again. One scan will be registered per device/day.
Each scan will equal 10 votes.
- Once a QR code is scanned, individuals will be taken to a thank you page, where
participants will be encouraged to post pictures or comments. Individuals who decide
to post a photo can get an additional 10 votes added to their daily total.
- Individuals can earn bonus votes by visiting nominated parks on Saturdays throughout
the month (July 5, 12, 19, 26) and scanning QR codes.
- Facebook: Individuals can log onto Facebook from any of their devices
and vote for their favorite park. They can and should do so each day during the
voting period. One vote will be registered per Facebook user/day. Each vote will
equal 2 votes.
- Votes from QR codes and Facebook will be tabulated in real time, meaning anyone
can see where their favorite park stands.
- Email: Individuals can email a “selfie” photo taken
at the park, along with the name of the park, to:
OnYourPark@gmail.com. One vote would be registered per email address. Each
vote would equal 10 votes.
Winner Selection: The overall, winning park and top vote-getter
will receive a $10,000 recreation grant. Our first runner-up will receive $7,500.
Our second runner-up will receive $5,000. The rest of the participating parks will
be entered into a lottery resulting in an additional winner of $2,500. All winners
will be notified on Friday, August 1, 2014.
*When it comes to QR codes, there are many free options for iPhone, Android and
Windows smart phones. For those who don’t have a QR code reader app already
installed, here’s where to start:
- Download and install the app. While there are hundreds of options,
here are two free options available for most smart phones:
- QR Code Reader
- Microsoft Tag
- Run the app and scan the QR code. Your screen will switch to a
camera display. Point your camera at the QR code. Hold your camera steady so that
the QR code comes into focus.
- See the thank you page and get another opportunity to vote.The
QR code will take people to a “thank you for voting” page. This means
that once you scan the QR code, your vote has been cast.